Based in Perm, Russia
Long-long time ago the world was created out of an egg-shell by a god named Yen. In the murky depths of the endless ocean the Lower World was born. The Middle World was made for the men to dwell, and the Upper World was were the ancient gods would reside. Multitude of spirits dwells among the layers of creation, guarding their secrets in the dark. Embark on a journey through all the worlds of ancient myth, find artefacts of Chud' tribes and solve all the mysteries of finno-ugric tales. You are the Mooseman and you have the ability to see all that is hidden to the mortal eye. You are about to visit three layers of this universe - the first one is the Lower World where ancient spirits dwell.
The game started out as a simple runner in early 2015, but since then has grew into an atmospheric adventure game. We delved into the myths of finno-ugric people of our land (Perm, Russia), and since then didn't stop working on the game.
- Explore the worlds inspired by Perm animal style.
- Dive into the deep atmosphere of folk Komi music.
- Meet long forgotten gods and spirits.
- Learn the ancient myths of finno-ugric tribes.
- Don't expect an easy journey, there are riddles in the dark.
- Unlock new abilities and use them to get to the Upper World.
- Find all the artefacts that are hidden from the mortal eye.
Gameplay Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "GamesJamUnity" 1st place
- "DevGAMM 2016 Moscow" Best Narrative
- "GamesJamKanobu 2016" Best game, 3rd place
- "GamesJamKanobu 2016" DevGAMM Choice
- "XGM.guru Project Support" Winner of the "Unique idea" nomination in gamejam on http://www.xgm.guru
- "I’ve always enjoyed games that focus on the atmosphere and The Mooseman delivers. Not only does it look good, the soundtrack and audio effects are excellent."
- Alexandru Chirila, Softpedia.com
- "It’s a tough puzzle adventure with beautiful artwork and a great sense of atmosphere."
- Calum Fraser, alphabetagamer
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Latest demo version
Available for free from our website mooseman.ru.
Available for free from soundcloud.com.
We are a small team of enthusiasts in Perm city, Russia. We call ourselves the Morteshka team (“Mort” - french for dead + “Matreshka” - famous russian toy). We love all things mysterious, historical and atmospheric, and our games reflect that.
More information on Morteshka, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Mooseman Credits
Gamedesigner, Programmer, Artist
Music composer, Sound designer